Sunday, May 08, 2005

One of my most fulfilling Experiences...

Yesterday my friends and I had a party for a very special friend who is currently sick with cancer. It was the culmination of a very special bake sale that I had at my place of work; a bake sale that taught me that there are a lot of very generous people in my company. For those of you who don't know what I'm taking about, about a month ago a few very kind volunteers and I had a small bake sale in order to raise enough money to fly my sick friend out East and also to raise money for cancer research. After only 5 hours we were able to raise close to $1000. This is an amazing feat considering there are only around 400 people in my building and only around 40% participated in the sale.
At last night's festivities we surprised my friend and told her the story. She was very shocked, and was incredibly grateful for everything. I am looking forward to seeing pictures from her trip...

No comments: