Tuesday, April 24, 2007

K.I.S.S. @ ad:Tech

Having completed my first day at ad:Tech San Fran (an interactive advertising and technology conference) I had to write a blog about items which resonated with me throughout the day:

Some interesting quotes from the day about the state of the ad industry today:
  • "GoogleClick" - The Google acquisition of Doubleclick changes the Display competitive landscape. It will be interesting to see how the market reacts to this.
  • "Content is king"- Online video (YouTube, etc) have captivated the audience and are forcing marketers to look at online campaigns that leverage this medium
  • "The Rich are Getting Richer" - 99% of revenue go to the Top 10 sites, 90% of Search revenue to YaGoogle (Yahoo/Google)
  • "New Ad Measurements?" - With all of the new creative, and publishers the question is "What is new media measurement? "

Some of the most interesting creative/marketing campaigns presented (even if you're not in the advertising industry I recommend you take a look at these - very clever and funny creatives):

Net net from a creative perspective the message I took away from some of the most successful creative agencies is K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) - in other words the best creatives are the ones that keep things as simple as possible - not necessarily the ones that have the most innovation.

No comments: